I really need to make a list of everything that is going on right now (sewing related) because I feel a little overwhelmed by all the things I need to make. I know I'm stressing myself for nothing because nobody's in a hurry to get anything..
And the worst is that being so stressed out about all this make me sew even less ! I'm constantly thinking about what I should be doing, I spend so much time deciding which project I'm going to work on and I'm losing precious sewing time there.
So maybe it'll help if I put it out there ? I don't know but I sure hope so :)
So here it goes :
Work in progress :
1. Big Green and Brown Supernova Quilt - I only have 4 more rows to sew and the blocks are made, sitting in a pile that I'm constantly moving, waiting to be sewn together.
This one is one that is stressing me. I've started it in August and it's for someone and even though she's not in a hurry to have it, I don't want to give it to her in two months.
2. Out to Sea Baby Quilt - no progress on this one this week but I'm not stressed about it because I started it not a long time ago. It's also a commissioned quilt so I don't want to take months and months to make it.
3. Quilt for my sister - didn't even start. I tried the other day it just wasn't working. The quilt will mostly be paper pieced and I'm not that excited about that fact. I told her she would have it as a christmas/birthday present and she's ok with that. I still want to show her some progress soon.
4. Quilt for Elizabeth - the blocks are in a pile. I want to work on this one but other things just seem more important right now. I want to be done with this one before mid-october, hopefully.
5. Happiness circle quilt - I'm still missing two blocks so I can't do anything yet but it'll need to be done fast after that.
6. Pillows for Tiffany - I started to work on one (the Somerset Star one) and I really love it. Unfortunately, you won't see any pictures because I want to keep it a secret/suprise for her :)
Things that need to be done :
- 2 blocks for Do. Good. Stitches
- I need to catch up with the QAL I'm supposed to be in - How Far Will You Go QAL. I didn't made one block yet. Ooops !
That's about it.
How do you do when you have a lot of things that you need to do ? Do you work on the things that needs to be done the first ? Or on what you want ? Or a bit on everything ?
I think that once those two commissioned quilt will be done, I'm going to take a break to sew for me and my family because I miss that. I miss sewing just for me.